B Corp companies aim to 'redefine success in business by competing not to be the best in the world, but to be the best for the world'.
B Corp drives this systemic change through a number of interrelated initiatives:
- A corporate certification for sustainable businesses and social enterprises that meet higher standards of social and environmental performance as well as accountability towards all stakeholders;
- A growing and diverse community of +2400 certified companies worldwide, including Patagonia, Ben & Jerry's, Etsy.com or in Europe Ecover, La Camif, Nature & Découverte;
- The promotion of mission aligned corporate structures, where commitments towards all stakeholders, not just shareholders, are made explicit;
- Tools for businesses to measure, compare and improve their social and environmental performance. Over 30,000 businesses use the free B Impact Assessment and over 100 investors and institutions use B Analytics, to 'measure what matters' from a societal perspective.
By assessing and improving their own practices and model, certified companies seek to demonstrate how business can be a force for good.
In line with its aim to contribute to initiatives that reflect its 360° approach to sustainability, the Foundation provides financial support to B Lab Europe, the non-profit foundation that serves the European geographical area within the global B Corp movement. It also seeks to increase awareness and foster public debate about B Corp in Belgium.
- Discover B Corp
- Take the free B Impact Assessment or the free SDG Action Manager to set goals and track progress on impact and SDG's
- (Archive) Conference "Are B Corps redefining business for the 21st century?" | 30 November 2016