The SE'nSE project call for 2023 is now open!
The eighth project call for start-ups developing a sustainable project with a positive impact on the environment has been launched and runs from the 16th of May 2023 to the 6th of July 2023.
Interested in seed capital in the form of a subordinated loan up to € 50 000 for your environmental start-up?
Download the following documents :
- presentation document (with all information about the project call, conditions, selection criteria)
- candidate file (to complete in English)
Send the completed documents and your investor deck (max 20 slides) and the CVs of the (co-)founders to email@example.com.
The project call is national and takes place entirely in English (both the completion of the application file and the presentation to the jury).
- Launch call: 16/05/2023
- Deadline for application: 06/07/2023, midnight
- Announcement of the 6 to 8 candidates invited to present their project to the jury, based on the evaluation of the jury: 07/09/2023
- Pitch in English front of the Jury: beginning of October
- Public announcement of the laureates during the Future Generations Summit (presence requested) : 23/11/2023. This announcement will be followed by a national communication campaign.
SE'nSE, a seed capital fund for sustainable and environmental start-ups.
To contribute to a more sustainable world by stimulating entrepreneurship. That is the aim of the Seed Equity & Sustainable Entrepreneurship (SE'nSE) Fund, a non-profit fund hosted by the Foundation for Future Generations. The SE'nSE Fund was created in 2016 by entrepreneur Pierre Mottet.
The Fund focuses on environmentally oriented start-ups with sustainable operations. Specifically, it provides seed capital in the form of a subordinated loan. The intent is to bridge the gap between the 3F stage (Family, Fools & Friends) on the one hand and the setup of a more permanent financing structure on the other.
Thanks to annual donations from its founder and additional donors (Aether Fund for Future Generations, Eurofins Foundation, Brussels Environment and the Walloon Region for this edition), the Fund has at least €850,000 per year at its disposal, which enables it to select 3 to 5 young companies.
On top of the financial support, the Fund offers entrepreneurs the opportunity to fine-tune their projects based on the constructive feedback of the jury, composed of experts, impact investors and entrepreneurs. Furthermore, it offers visibility and access to an extensive network of impact-oriented organisations and individuals. Finally, for young and sustainable enterprises, the SE’nSE Fund can be used as a label, to convince other investors of your potential positive environmental impact as well as the capacity of the team.
Thanks to the support of:
+32 493 54 68 36
+32 2 888 84 25